Cloud & Software Engineer (C#. Azure)
Our client based in Sheffield is currently looking for a Cloud & Software Engineer
As a Cloud & Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a collaborative team comprising Product Managers, Developers, Testers, and Support Teams. Your role will involve owning, enhancing, and optimizing our client’sCloud (Azure) and VM-based solutions. You'll be responsible for developing and supporting our Cloud services, Cloud platforms, VM, and container-based solutions, while managing Azure Cloud infrastructure, including deployments, automation, updates, upgrades, and monitoring.
- Develop and maintain our Cloud services, Cloud platforms, VM, and container-based solutions.
- Manage Azure Cloud infrastructure, supporting deployments, automation, updates, upgrades, and monitoring as part of solution delivery.
- Write high-quality software for deployment into cloud-based and closed networks, aligning with project and product requirements.
- Adhere to software development standards and procedures.
- Collaborate within an Agile team to translate functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Participate in unit, system, and acceptance testing by creating tests and supporting the testing team.
- Provide support to other departments (Engineering, Hardware, Marketing, Sales, Support) as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant programming experience with C#.
- Strong ASP.Net Core skills, particularly working with Web API.
- Familiarity with RESTful fundamentals and principles.
- Experience with Entity Framework (EF) Core.
- Desirable: Familiarity with Angular practices and commonly used modules based on work experience.
- Significant experience with deploying and operating containerized software.
- Substantial experience in running Azure software daily in a cloud environment.
- Considerable experience in build and release automation.
Skills you will be using in this position:
Azure portal, Azure B2C, Azure IoT hub, Infrastructure as code, Hosted SQL Databases., Kubernetes, Certificate management, Docker Containers, Serverless functions, Key Vaults, CI/CD pipelines, YAML, PowerShell, ARM templates, Source Control.
- Remote and hybrid working
- Flexible working hours, around core hours
- Life Assurance: 4 x Annual Salary
- Employee Benefits & Discounts Portal which includes benefits such as Cycle to Work, Health Cash Plans, MyGymDiscounts, a Car Benefit Scheme (Tusker) and many more
Interested? Please Click Apply Now!