Cloud Support Engineer -Sheffield (hybrid) - £35K
Adria Solutions has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development and Cloud Support Engineer to join a well-established company with an international presence. Our client is evolving their software product portfolio from on-premise to Hybrid and Cloud solutions. As part of this transition, they need to grow their technical support team to bring in additional skills and capacity to help with Cloud and ‘DevOps-lite’ tasks.
This role will help progress our support team’s knowledge and scope as we begin to support a growing number of customers using our Cloud services in addition to our market-leading on-premise solutions.
Joining the existing 3rd-line Customer Support Team, you will be primarily responsible for dealing with escalated software, hardware, and cloud support requests from engineering teams around the world. As well as resolving technical issues, the role has the responsibility of delivering high-level technical and engineering information, updates, and best practice approaches to the global engineering teams. Further to this, the post holder will identify and feedback on opportunities to help harmonise project delivery and improve the customer experience.
The Cloud Support Engineer will be required to:
- Manage technical issues through clear communication with internal customers, fault reproduction and fault resolution.
- Provide timely, accurate technical support to the internal engineering base.
- Hands-on reproduction of systems, environments and configurations to aid in investigations, where required.
- Maintain and develop the teams’ local hardware support environment.
- Liaise with Product Management to communicate and prioritise product issues that need development resource to fully resolve and remove future occurrences.
The Cloud Support Engineer will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience of working in a 2nd or 3rd-line technical support environment.
- Proven experience in a desktop support/installation role, ideally within a development and engineering environment.
- Proven history of strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Windows-based operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
- IT Networking of strong benefit (I.P. addressing, subnetting, routing, TCP, UDP, multicast)
- Exposure to or familiarity with basic cloud/Azure services and architecture.
- Database knowledge – IBM DB2 and MS SQL (as examples)
- An understanding of virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V including failover and replication processes
Benefits for the Cloud Support Engineer:
This is a great opportunity for a Cloud Support Engineer who strongly believes in team playing and is interested in continuous career development. You’ll be rewarded with an excellent benefits package including:
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working
- Discounted gym membership
- Loads of sports and social activities
How to apply if you’re interested in this role:
If this sounds like the perfect role, apply now without delay!
Cloud Support Engineer