Data Engineer – Leeds
On behalf of our rapidly growing client, we are recruiting an exceptional Data Engineer. As Data Engineer you will be a self-starter with an outstanding background In Azure, looking to build on your extensive Databricks skills and experience.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Work closely with the Scrum Master to understand the business requirements of items in the backlog, and translate those into technical deliverables
- Develop effective, scalable solutions that can be efficiently tested, deployed, updated, maintained, and managed
- Load transformed data into storage and reporting structures in destinations including data warehouses, high-speed indexes, real-time reporting systems, and analytics applications
- Support relationships with the other areas of the business to ensure that requirements can be developed
- Working with other members of the Data Engineering team, you will actively participate in the design and development of processes and technologies that support secure and efficient data ETL, connecting to a variety of on- and off-premises data sources
- Ensure data is cleansed, mapped, transformed, and otherwise optimized for storage, and to meet requirements for business and technical use cases
The Data Engineer will have the following:
- Advanced SQL coding skills
- Azure Data Lake (Gen 1 and 2), Azure Analysis Services, Azure SQL Data Warehouse (Synapse Analytics), Azure Data Factory, Databricks, or similar Spark environment
- Strong experience in Data Engineering using Python
- Create and populate staging areas and data pipelines to perform a range of transformations
- Experience working with large JSON documents
- Strong data modelling skills
- Logical and physical model design and implementation
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Data Engineer to join an award-winning company, where you will work in an innovative and dynamic environment and play a vital part in the company’s transformational journey. For your hard work you will be rewarded with a generous benefits package:
- Health Cash Plan
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- Company pension scheme and group life assurance
How to Apply if you’re interested in this Job:
If this sounds like your perfect role, click Apply without delay!
Data Engineer – Leeds