Data Governance Analyst – Manchester / Remote – Competitive Salary
On behalf of our industry-leading client based in Manchester, we are recruiting for an enthusiastic Data Governance Analyst. As a Data Governance Analyst you will support and be responsible for the data governance of the IT Data Operations teams ensuring that data quality and assurance is at the forefront of your role.
The Data Governance Analyst will be responsible for:
- Support the continued development and delivery of the Data Operations Data Governance support teams.
- Support and implement an annual data governance strategy that is aligned to the wider IT strategy containing objectives, departmental initiatives, SLAs and KPIs
- Management of the data catalogue to ensure the business and technical data definitions, data lineage and associated meta-data have been appropriately captured and documented in accordance with the respective standards
- Oversight and reporting of risks caused because of ineffective management of data throughout the SDLC lifecycle
- Support the operational management of highly scalable, secure, and available data governance controls, ensuring that it can operate 24x7
- Develop, implement, establish a data governance life cycle and continuous improvement/ development (CI/CD) of applications and systems.
The Data Governance Analyst will have the following:
- Good experience/understanding of all elements of data engineering (extract/transform/load), visualization, analytics, and machine learning
- Support defining data governance strategic and operational plans.
- Designing, deploying, maintaining, and developing data governance systems and controls
- Knowledge of data governance processes, tools and techniques used to deliver highly available, performance and scalable platforms and systems to distributed customer and user communities.
- Good understanding of data system architectures including storage, compute (including analytics & machine learning)
- Good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps, ITIL, Azure Synapse, Databricks, PowerBI, Data Factory, HD Insights, Python Sparks, and have a strong IT service background.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Data Governance Analyst to join an award-winning company, where you will work in an innovative and dynamic environment and play a vital part in the company’s transformational journey. For your hard work you will be rewarded with a generous benefits package:
- Flexible working hours with 3 days remote working
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- Company pension scheme and group life assurance
How to Apply if you’re Interested in this Job:
If this sounds like your perfect role, click Apply without delay!
Data Governance Analyst – Manchester/Remote – Competitive Salary
Interviewing and onboarding for this role will be going ahead remotely while Covid-19 restrictions are in place.