DevOps Engineer – Manchester. Our client based in Manchester is currently looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer. You will be working within the DevOps Team the role will, on a day-to-day basis, be primarily engaged in management, configuration, monitoring, and deployment workloads within our Azure estate, specifically with regards to project delivery, support, and service, as well as being involved in the on-going refinement and improvement of our clients Azure estate. Further workloads will include MS365 management, configuration, and monitoring, as well as occasional items of work specific to the on-site infrastructure.
Role and responsibilities
Whether working alone, or within the DevOps team, or as part of a larger unit including the projects team:
- Providing internal Azure infrastructure support to the business, as well as supporting the Azure infrastructure we host for our customers.
- Engaging in internal and client projects, which subsequently involves the design, deployment, management, and support of Azure infrastructure.
- Ensuring appropriate technical documentation is established and kept up to date.
- Ensuring support and service management systems are regularly updated with work item and project progress.
- On-going personal technical development and education.
Mandatory technical skills
- A minimum of two years comprehensive Azure management, configuration, and deployment, particularly with respect to:
- Virtual machines.
- Networking (VNets, VPNs, NSGs, DNS, Load Balancers).
- Automation Accounts and Runbooks.
- Storage Accounts.
- Key Vaults.
- Recovery Services Vaults.
- App Services.
- Azure Active Directory.
- Active Directory Domain Services.
- Windows Server (2012R2 – 2019), specifically its configuration, management, and administration.
- Demonstrable skills in PowerShell.
- SQL – servers and language.
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, firewalls, VPNs, LAN/VLAN/WAN.
- Virtualisation technologies, e.g. Hyper-V, VMWare.
- Linux administration.
- PostGres SQL.
- Microsoft 365, especially Exchange, SharePoint, and Endpoint Security.
- Technical work done with SIP.
- Exposure to a PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, and GDPR compliant environment.
- Use of the Zendesk support system.
Benefits include, flexible working, 25 days holiday and excellent career progression.
Interested, please click Apply!