Solutions Architect – Manchester - Competitive Salary
Our client based in Manchester is currently looking for a skilled Solution Architect. You will be helping our client to define how technology should and will be used to satisfy the objectives of the Group. The Solution Architect will work with the Head of Architecture, Business Services, and Technical products to help develop the business requirement and to specify the technology solution in the form of Design Documentation, Use Cases and other specifications.
• Work with the Head of Architecture to assist in the definition of the Enterprise Architecture and Focus Product Strategy
• Work with the Head of Architecture to ensure Solutions support the architectural direction of Groups technology and the Focus Product Strategy
• Review internal and external solutions for suitability, making recommendations to the Head of Architecture and Focus Design Authority and ensuring alignment to the Groups Technology and Focus Product Strategies.
• Provide Analytical skills into understanding and communicating a design to a level that facilitates technical development including the creation of both high-level and detailed design documentation
• Develop specifications of required and anticipated systems interactions that achieve a business objective in the form of design documentation
• Provide communications skills into the articulation of a technical solution, supporting a team of Developers in delivery and aiding their understanding
• Contribute to the management of development backlogs, sprints and deliveries
• Support relationships with the other areas of the Group to ensure that requirements can be developed.
• TOGAF Certification is desirable
• Knowledge of analysis, design and modelling techniques
• Understanding of the retail Insurance business
• Understanding of regulation and legislation applying to Insurance and Financial Services companies
• Reasonable leadership and people management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good time management and organisation skills
• Problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving the problem
• Identification and management of risk
• Understanding of analysis, design and modelling technique
• Understanding of User Stories, Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams and other solution specification techniques
• Ability to create and maintain sets of reference architecture documentation
If this sounds like your perfect role, click apply!